Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rats In A Cage

Rats In A Cage from Society Of The Spectacle

According to the website this tee expresses how countless exploited third world laborers must feel, trapped in an ominous cycle of economic oppression. The problem is I think it has failed in that respect. Even knowing the title (part of a Smashing Pumpkins song that I know well) I never would of guessed that. The graphics just don't convey that meaning. That said, I really do like this tee. The little rodents have been given a lot of character. I especially like the fact that one of them is holding an old style lantern, reinforcing the idea that they are in a tunnel. I find myself wondering if they know they are actually in a snake or are clueless to the fact. There are just so many stories you could make from this graphic. I love tees that ignite the imagination like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...