Sunday, November 13, 2011

Judith + Holofernes

Judith + Holofernes by Frank Barbara

Of the multitude of tees that I own this is one of my all time favourites. In fact I have worn this so much I have nearly worn it out. I love watching peoples reactions when they see it. Generally they dismiss it as a bit of a lovey dovey design, due a lot to the flowing lines and colors. However every so often you get somebody who looks at it closely. You can pinpoint the exact moment when they realise that she is holding a severed head. Their eyes widen and mouth opens just a fraction. I live for those moments.

I also adore the artwork itself. It uses nearly every inch of the available print space without looking boxy. Some people may be put off by the color discrepancy between the design and tshirt shown. I can tell you that with my tee the colors are middle of the road between the two. I think this may have to do with the lighting in the model photograph and differences between rgb color display verses cymk printing for the design view.

This tshirt is available via threadless. Click on the picture for pricing and sizing options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...