Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Batman

Batman from Mr Four Fingers

I always get excited when I see someone doing new and unusual things with iconic imagery. In this instance it is Batman, but not as you have ever seen him before. Although it is that strange red mouth that jumps out at you, what I find really interesting is how the silhouette is so recognizable. With no facial characteristics it could really be anything, which proves the impact modern media has had on us all. The other thing that I find amazing is how the fade is done. Instead of using more traditional methods like halftones, lined triangles form a broken geometric pattern. It is such an unusual and interesting addition that I find myself continually drawn back to that part of the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...